Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hump Day Hangover Cure

Alright, I found a couple of things this week that are just too damned funny to describe. First of all, I miss Georgia terribly. The school AND the actual state. I have always had good times there, and it's fucking heaven compared to the shit hole I live in now. But this is one of the following reasons that I love it so much; the craziest shit happens there.

Two days ago, in Acworth (which is a high class suburb of Atlanta) two EXTREMELY young women robbed a bank by the sheer power of a sticky note. Yes, a sticky note. The walked in without any weapon and handed the teller a note demanding cash. Here is a photograph of these terrifying women:




Has somebody questioned Mary-Kate and Ashley?

Now maybe I'm being a little unfair here, but shouldn't these girls be in school? The official report says that they are looking for these girls, who escaped with what was expressed as a considerable sum, with the description that they could be as young as fifteen. FIFTEEN!!1!!1! The kids these days...... But seriously, Don't you think the teller could have just laughed and told them to fuck off? I'm sure it was a traumatizing experience and all, but usually when I see two young women come into my place of business wearing sunglasses and making demands by post-it I thank God. Which leads me to the obvious conclusion; the bank teller was a man and is complicit in their scheme because he wants to get laid. Because I know that if this happened, in sunny south Florida at least, some ninety year old Jewish lady would jump over the counter and beat the assailents to death with a handbag and a bad New York accent. This makes me want to take up a career in bank heists. One web site, that is much funnier, showed this story's headline as "Kappa Kappa Give Me Your Money: Two Hotties Strike Acworth Bank."


Now the funniest parts of this (besides the fact that the two girls apparently laughed throughout the heist) is that 1) The police haven't made a positive ID yet, despite how many people have seen these pictures, and 2) When the police arrived on scene to investigate, they actually ended up arresting SOMEONE ELSE. Apparently one of the tellers had an outstanding warrent against them, which was revealed when the banker was being questioned. Cheerleaders 1 : Bank 0. That's so fucking funny there is no way I could have made it up.



In the words of Michael Stipe, "everybody hurts sometimes."


So once again my beloved bulldogs lost to an SEC rival, being effectively handled by the Wildcats. While Georgia did make an impressive run at the end of the game it was never really THAT close, and so now it looks like the Bulldogs will once again be NIT bound with a chip on their shoulders. I'm not sure how long it will take for Dennis Felton to resuscitate the program, but it looks like we're still trudging along at the bottom of the SEC East, and with the formidable young talent on the other teams it looks as though we are going to be there a bit longer.


Also, I'm just not impressed with Mike Mercer. I certainly wish he wasn't lost for the season, but a lot of people are making him into the saviour of the team, while personally I feel he has taken the most poor shots in the SEC. He forces the ball, gives up turnovers, has a terrible shooting percentage, and pretty much thinks he's Allen Iverson. Unfortunately, he's not, so Mr. Felton is going to have to get his other young talents to step up next year.


Another mimosa, please.

In other news, the Georgia sports program continued it's dynasty of self-deprication with the arrest of future star linebacker Akeem Hebron. Now he's a young kid and I think I would attribute this particular incident as foolish and immature, but he's going to need to grow out of it quickly if he's going to find a place on the field. He's an insane talent, and if he's nearly as good as the people say then it's really going to hurt not having him on the field for Oklahoma State come next season.

Top Five - Favorite "Jam" bands (or all musical)

1. String Cheese Incident

2. Liquid Tension Experiment

3. Phish

4. Explosions in the Sky

5. OAR


No comments: